Dear LRUMC Member & Friends,
As of Sunday, June 14 you now have an option of in-person worship. Our plan is designed to mitigate our encounter with COVID-19 in the midst of a pandemic. To some of you, these rules may seem draconian while others may think they have not gone far enough. It is my hope that we have found a way to balance our fears and anxieties while taking appropriate steps to lessen the impact of the virus on our church family.
Rev W. Russell Freeman, Sr.
For the time being, all worship services will be no more than thirty minutes in length to allow us time to clean & sanitize between services so please exit when the services end. Streaming or Live Streaming (Facebook LRUMC Worship and Daily Prayer) will continue for 8:30 Traditional and 9:30 Contemporary Services. The list of Sunday services follows (revised July 6, 2020) :
- 8:30 Traditional Sanctuary – in-person & scheduled to Stream on Facebook and YouTube
- 9:30 Contemporary Life Center – in-person & Live Streamed on Facebook
- 11:00 Traditional Sanctuary – in-person & scheduled to Stream on Facebook and YouTube
*****There will also continue to be a Wednesday Noon Service for in-person worship only (revised July 6, 2020)
The following are the majority of rules for “In Person” Worship at LRUMC. If you come to worship with us, you will be expected to follow these rules. If you cannot for some reason follow these rules or feel your health will be compromised, or if you prefer to worship from home, you are welcome to join services via live streaming. These rules will be reviewed in approximately 3 weeks to see if they are working or need to be modified.
Overall Info/Rules for Everyone
- Minimum of 6 feet social distancing is to be observed inside buildings and outside on the campus.
- Masks are encouraged to be worn while inside all campus buildings. Please bring your own masks. There will be masks available.
- Hand sanitizer will be used and is available while inside all campus buildings. Frequent hand washing is encouraged.
- There will be NO food or drink
- There will be NO bulletins, hymnals or choir
- Offering boxes and envelopes (if needed) are available in Sanctuary Narthex and Life Center lobby. There will be no “passing of the offering plate”
- Restrooms will be open but there will be a volunteer stationed at each restroom to ensure that only a safe number of people are in room at one time
- The Life Center & Sanctuary will be sanitized between services.
- Please be advised that due to social distancing rules, our worship areas have been reconfigured and there are a limited number of seats. Seating capacity is as follows:
- The Sanctuary now seats 57
- The Life Center now seats 61
- Families can be seated together
- Couples can be seated together
- A Young Family Seating Designated Area is available in the Life Center
- Great space for families with young children to come and worship
- You are encouraged to bring quiet toys
- Someone will be at all doors at both Contemporary & Traditional Services
- Someone will seat you at both Contemporary & Traditional Services
- At 8:30 and 11 AM, you will enter at the Sanctuary door and exit at the doors by our staff and volunteer offices.
- At the Contemporary Service you will enter via the Life Center doors, thru the Life Center narthex and into the Life Center and exit via doors by the Prayer Wall. NOTE: If you are handicapped, stay seated and a volunteer will assist you in an handicap accessible exit